Custom Shop DC/1, iGuitar2.13, i9.7
* At age 7 studied and played cello for a year under the tutiledge of a
professor of music at the university of Kentucky.
* At age 9 owned and played (self taught) first electric guitar.
* At age 14 0r 15 played in several metal bands, then pop and rock and later
Jazz bands. Formed his first alternative metal band (Amazing Grace ) a
touring band, several years back. Is currently playing as a solo artist and in a jazz band.
* Influences: Steve Morse, Wes Montgomery, Van Halen, Stevie Wonder, James
Brown, Jimmy Henning, Tuck Andress and Othel Burbredge.
* Currently teaching and has taught for the last 10 years at Wilcutt's Guitar
Shoppe in Lexington, Kentucky. Teaches both Guitar and Bass. Has given
several guitar clinics.
* Has been a Studio sessions player for over 8 years, cut a heavy metal CD in 1995-96.
* Currently working on a 2nd solo CD for release.
* Presently am developing a percussive-melodic style of solo guitar playing,
drawing influnces from non-guitar players like Stevie Wonder and James Brown.
"Ben Lacy has taken solo finger style guitar and arrangements to an extraordinary new level. He plays bass parts, percussion parts, chords, melodies of many popular, yet uncommon finger style tunes....simultaneously! His original tunes are refreshing and truly original. He leaves the audience stunned wondering "How did he do that?" He has performed for Brian Moore Guitars at many trade shows and clinics around the world including NAMM and Music Messe in Frankfurt, Germany. We honored and fortunate to have him as an endorser of our guitars." - Patrick Cummings, President, Brian Moore Guitars